Texas Veteran Land
Contact Us to See What Land We Have Available
Veterans… A Benefit Just For You
As a Texas Veteran, you have a fantastic finance option right at your fingertips. Is your dream to buy land in Texas but you don’t have the financing to do so? The Texas Veterans Land Board offers a low interest loan option for veterans who are Texas residents.
There are other options out there like traditional bank loans but for one reason or another that option might not be best for you. Because you are a veteran you have an extra financing option that most people do not. You can get financing from the Texas Veteran Loan Board (TVLB) for up to $150,000. These loans are offered at below market rates making it easier and more affordable to buy land in Texas. Here at Lonestar Land Sales, we can help. All of our properties are eligible for financing under the Texas Veterans Land Board.
Texas Veteran Loan Package…find out more.
There is easy and excellent financing available through this loan option. You can borrow up to $150,000 for your land purchase. The down payment requirements can be as low as 5% down. Traditional bank loans typically require between 15-20% down. The current interest rate for the Texas Veteran Loan is 6.95%*.
Let Texas Land help you…
First let’s talk Land Eligibility. Our properties are all eligible for the Texas Veterans Land loan option for financing your land purchase. Here are the TVLB requirements:
- The land must be wholly in the state of Texas
- It must be at least 1 acre
- The acreage excludes
- Portion of the land that is beneath a dedicated public roadway
- Any navigable waterways
- Land subject to frequent inundation or otherwise unusable.
- Have legal usable access to a public road
- Must not be zoned strictly for commercial use
- Must not have been owned by you or a spouse within the previous 3 years
For all land requirements, click here.
Now let’s talk Veteran Criteria. Do you qualify for a Texas Veteran Loan to finance your land purchase? To start with, you must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of Texas. Now answer yes to at least one of the following questions:
- Are you an active duty military member?
- Are you a member of the Texas National Guard?
- Are you a military member of a reserve component who has completed 20 qualifying years for retirement?
- Are you a veteran who has served no fewer than 90 days of active duty (unless discharged sooner due to service-connected cause)?
- Are you a surviving spouse of a military member who is missing in action or whose death was service related?
If you answered yes to one of the questions above, you qualify to apply for this type of loan. This loan could help to secure your next land investment.
*Eligibilty, requirements, and interest rates are subject to change through the Texas Veteran Land Board.
How do I get started?
Request a land application by calling toll free 1-800-252-8387 (VETS). To apply online or to download an application, go to: Texas VLB.
Land loan processing time may vary, depending on the accuracy and completeness of your application packet and the timely submission of required documents and information.
If you are still unsure of the process, we may be able to help. Just click the button below and contact us.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
MAKE YOUR DREAM OF OWNING LAND COME TRUE!
Yes I am looking for land. Yes I am a Veteran! Help me get started today! Fill out the contact form and we will help turn your dream into a reality!