Texas has a program that benefits Texas veterans through a program that finances the purchase of land. Curious to know if you qualify? Read on…
All of our land is eligible for financing under the Texas Veterans Land Board. If you qualify for a Texas Veterans land loan, you can finance up to $125,000 of Texas land with only 5% down. These loans are offered at below-market interest rates, making it easier and more affordable to buy land in Texas.
If you are a Texas veteran and qualify, the Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) will finance the tract of land in which you are interested. It takes approximately 45 days to close a loan, provided all necessary documentation is submitted on time and there are no unusual circumstances associated with the purchase. We have listed the basic requirements below.
To be eligible to participate in the Texas Veterans Land Program, an applicant must:
- be 18 years of age at the time of application
- be a legal, bona fide resident of Texas
- meet one of the following:
- an active duty military member OR
- a member of the Texas National Guard OR
- a military member of a reserve component who has completed 20 qualifying years for retirement OR
- a veteran who has served no fewer than 90 cumulative days of active duty (unless discharged sooner due to service-connected cause) OR
- a surviving spouse of a military member who is missing in action or whose death was service related.
- have successfully repaid any previous Texas Veterans Land Board Loan
- have served after September 16, 1940
- not have been dishonorably discharged
- have listed Texas as the home of record at the time of entry in the military OR a legal resident of Texas for 12 or more consecutive months prior to application.
In order to qualify for Texas Veteran Land, the Veteran must have AT LEAST a five percent down payment invested as cash equity in the property. At closing, the purchase price will be paid as follows:
- Five percent of the purchase price (down payment) with certified funds from the veteran
- The loan amount by Texas Veterans Land Board warrant.
If applicable, any amount in excess of the above two (difference money) with certified funds from the veteran.
Request a land application by calling toll free 1-800-252-8387 (VETS). To apply online or to download an application, go to: Texas Veterans Land Board
Upon receiving the packet, the buyer and seller will prepare and submit to the Texas Veterans Land Board all of the required forms and documentation, and appraisal and contract fees due at the time of application.
Land loan processing time may vary, depending on the accuracy and completeness of your application packet and the timely submission of required documents and information.