Serving Texas Veterans
Texas Veteran Land for Sale
If you qualify for a Texas Veterans land loan, you can finance up to $125,000 of Texas land with only 5% down.
These loans are offered at below-market interest rates, making it easier and more affordable to buy land in Texas. All of our land is eligible for financing under the Texas Veterans Land Board.
If you are a Texas veteran and qualify, the Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) will finance the tract of land in which you are interested. It takes approximately 45 days to close a loan, as long as you submit all necessary documents and there are no unusual circumstances associated with the purchase. We have listed the basic requirements below.
An eligible applicant for the Texas Veterans Land Program is:
- at least 18 years of age
- a legal resident of Texas
- meets one of the following:
- is an active duty military member OR
- is a member of the Texas National Guard OR
- is a military member of a reserve component who has completed 20 qualifying years for retirement OR
- is a veteran who has served no fewer than 90 cumulative days of active duty (unless discharged sooner due to service-connected cause) OR
- is a surviving spouse of a military member who is missing in action or whose death was service related.
- has successfully repaid any previous Texas Veteran Land Board Loan
- has served after September 16, 1940
- has not been dishonorably discharged
- has listed Texas as his/her home of record at the time of entry in the military OR is a legal resident of Texas for 12 or more consecutive months prior to application.
In order to qualify for Texas Veteran Land, the Veteran must have AT LEAST a 5% down payment invested as cash equity in the property. At closing, the purchase price would be paid as follows:
- 5% of the purchase price (down payment) from the veteran
- the loan amount by Texas Veterans Land Board warrant.
If applicable, any amount in excess of the above two (difference money) with certified funds from the veteran.
Request a land application by calling toll free 1-800-252-8387 (VETS). To apply online or to download an application, go to: Texas VLB
Upon receiving the packet, the buyer and seller will prepare and submit to the Texas Veterans Land Board all of the required forms and documentation, and appraisal and contract fees due at the time of application.
Land loan processing time may vary, depending on the accuracy and completeness of your application packet and the timely submission of required documents and information.